- Suffolk provides all stakeholders ready-access to all types of files via the cloud, enabling multiple ways of accessing the information they need.
New storage platform, same old lagging problems — or even worse
The legacy “lift and shift” method to file migrations has been the default approach for decades. However, this blind, “move it all in bulk” methodology merely shifts the same old problems — How old? What is it? Who has access to it? — to new platforms.
Worse, new platform features that are designed to enhance user collaboration and productivity may increase vulnerability and risk of data loss — as file sensitivity, files shared by legacy links, or unknown shared user accounts were not identified or controlled during the migration. A file migration without deep insight into sensitivity, usage, access, and distribution is not only risky but also potentially disastrous.
There’s a smarter, artificial intelligence-driven way.
With DryvIQ, your file migration initiative is an ideal foundation to fully understand your unstructured data landscape and the underlying risk within it. Proactively discover, classify, and organize files during your migration (or after if desired), enabling informed decision-making based upon file sensitivity labels, type, age, volumes, last accessed, location, permissions, sharing and myriad other attributes.
The results are immediate and measurable — it identifies and labels file sensitivity as well as automatically sorts and organizes files to increase user productivity and reduce costs.
"DryvIQ is a very, very effective solution."
I was shocked at how responsive the DryvIQ team was as we deployed this solution.
Your organization can continue to leverage these same existing rules and policies for all new and incoming files — maintaining consistent identity parameters, structures, organization, policy rules and risk profiles that were configured for your migrated files.
Resolves critical risk factors such as:
- How many files are we managing?
- What should we be migrating to the new platform?
- How should it be reorganized?
- What should be archived?
- What types of files do I have? How sensitive is it? Where is it?
- Who has access to our files? Are our files vulnerable to outside sources?
- If end users have been manually labeling files, are they doing it properly?
- How can we continually manage our growth in unstructured data and keep it organized?
Analyze your enterprise file landscape
- Inventories and quantities
- Active versus stale files
- User and group permissions
- Internal and external sharing attributes
- Document types, geo-locations, size, age
- Existing and missing labels
- Embedded links
Classify your file landscape
Leverage DryvIQ’s advanced artificial intelligence driven classification engine to identify and label public, private, sensitive, employee, company-specific, custom, and other file types.
- Archive low-value files to bulk storage — or delete obsolete and trivial files
- Create custom polices that automatically sort migrated files as well and new incoming files
- Detect and apply missing labels
- Replace incorrect labels
Delivers measurable business benefits
Increased user productivity
- Files are foldered/organized/permissioned for ideal access
- Eliminates user manual intervention — file labeling and governance policies actions are automated
Reduced storage costs
- Move or delete obsolete/trivial files to low-cost archive storage
Reduced vulnerability footprint
- Label and identify company sensitive, PII and other data types
- Eliminates user mislabeling errors