With the help of DryvIQ, Forbes was able to easily migrate its 325 users and 15 TB of content to Google Drive in 10 days – avoiding costly renewal fees and user-disruption.
Intelligent Office 365 to Google Drive
Request an intelligent Office 365 to Google Drive Migration demo today. Discover and classify your enterprise files so you can make an informed, risk-free migration to Google Drive.
Office 365 to Google Drive migrations that mitigate real financial risk
An upgrade to your enterprise storage provides an opportunity to understand your data. The DryvIQ platform can discover and classify unstructured data before and during your migration, so you can avoid migrating risky data from Office 365 to Google Drive.
Discover & classify Office 365 data
Execute migration to Google Drive
Maintain continual oversight
- DryvIQ is a Google Cloud Partner and Microsoft Gold Partner
- Take a full inventory of your content while classifying and tagging information based on sensitivity and risk
- Gain deep and valuable insight into content volumes and attributes including last accessed dates, file type, age, permissions and physical storage location
- Learn important file-sharing behaviors such as which files have been shared internally and/or externally and how often
- Automatically map permissions and user accounts to Google Drive & Google Workplace
- Identify friction points between Microsoft Office 365 and Google
- Move millions of files to Google Drive from Box, Dropbox, SharePoint, Network File Systems and other on-premises platforms
- Seamless and secure, with no impact to users or business operations
Forbes completes successful Google Drive migration in 10 days
We were shocked and happy that we were able to complete our Google Drive migration on deadline. DryvIQ was incredibly responsive and truly delivered on their promise.
DryvIQ’s intelligent migration capabilities address the complexities of moving files from Office 365 to Google Drive – but there are several important considerations before migrating your content.
Migrating native G Suite file types
Google is one of the cloud repositories that’s developed its own proprietary file types with its online editing suite. The three primary file types that are integral to Google Drive migrations are Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. DryvIQ has implemented configurable features to accommodate all of the different migration scenarios to maintain content in the desired format.
G Suite permission complexities
Google Drive supports very complex ownership permission structures that don’t translate well to other cloud content repositories. Many users in Google Drive work with files and folders that have different permissions than the top-level folder. For example, permission levels in Google Drive and OneDrive for Business seem similar; they both follow the concept of owner, editor, and reader for instance. However, both platforms differ in the way they store content. And this doesn’t just go for OneDrive for Business; organizations can apply the differences discussed below to most other cloud repositories. For these examples, we will be comparing Google’s permissions to Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business.
Google Drive stores data in one, centralized location. Google Drive uses permission levels on the drives, folders, and documents to build a dynamic interface allowing users to visualize the content as they need it. This can make for some very complex G Suite migration scenarios.